After listening to todays news on BBC Radio Leeds ive posted this slightly earlier than I was going to……..
On the September 3rd I will be 40 years old and I’ve decided it’s time to donate some blood.
So I’ve been online, got myself an account and booked a donation slot.
I have a lot of friends from school who will be 40 in the next 12 months, please register and donate for your 40th birthday if you don’t donate already.
Let me know if you’re up for it, particularly men see link for recent Give Blood article 14,000 woman registered last year and went on to become blood donors, just over 6.000 men did the same.
Giving blood saves lives. The blood you give is a lifeline in an emergency and for people who need long-term treatments.
Why do we need you to give blood?
We need new blood donors from all backgrounds to ensure there is the right blood available for patients who need it.
- Nearly 400 new donors a day to meet demand
- Around 135,000 new donors a year to replace those who can no longer donate
- 40,000 more black donors to meet growing demand for better-matched blood
- 30,000 new donors with priority blood types such as O negative every year
- More young people to start giving blood so we can make sure we have enough blood in the future
The above is taken from Give Blood Website